Let’s face it: blogging is tough. There are so many things to keep up with, so many skills to develop, and so many new things to try. In fact, it can get plain out overwhelming at times.
(If you’re currently overwhelmed right now, I highly suggest you read this post right here. It will help bring some clarity and vision on what to do next.)
One of the things that has been my saving grace on this crazy blogging journey has been access to some incredible resources. Some of them were free and others were well worth every dime I spent on them.
And holy cow, let me tell you, girl. I would not be where I am today without these amazing tools, courses, books, automation services…you name it, there are tons of handy-dandy things to make life easier for bloggers like us.
So in an effort to be ultra-helpful, how does a giant list of my favorite tools and resources for bloggers sound?! Yes? Well, then let’s go!!
(Disclaimer: A few of these links are my affiliate links but rest assured–they’re all here because they’re the bomb dot com!)
Starting a Blog
- For site hosting: BlueHost
- For a no-fuss approach to starting your own blog: this free guide I wrote
- For a walk-through of starting a money-making blog: this free 5-day crash course
- For discovering your perfect niche: this post & worksheet
- For blog themes: ThemeForest
- For avoiding those yucky new-blogger mistakes: this post that covers 7 common ones!
- For getting super clear on your target audience: my free Dream Customer Workbook
- For growing your blog with your target audience: this post covers it all
- For debunking lies about your target audience: this free post will shake things up
- For email marketing: ConvertKit (they’re reliable and super easy to use!)
- For how to grow your email list and create uh-mazing freebies: this free course from Wonderlass
- For even more in-depth on email marketing: List Building Mania
- For setting up a sales funnel: my Email Sales Funnel Ebook + Script
- For creating blog quizzes as email leads: Interact (mine converts at around 50%!)
- For selling to your email list: my FREE Email Sales Roadmap
- For choosing how to make money with your blog: here are 5 of the most common ways
- For a peek at how other bloggers make money: this Pinterest board full of blog income reports
- For the truth about passive income: a great read from Mariah Coz
- For the most profitable way to earn money as a blogger: this video from Melyssa Griffin
- For making some moolah QUICK: How to Make Your First Affiliate Sale in 24 Hours
- For the secret to successful marketing: this free marketing sales funnel
- For the basics of affiliate marketing: From Zero to Superhero Training Bundle
- For learning how to nail affiliate marketing: Affiliate Acceleration
- For a digital planner & task list: Asana (it’s free!)
- For brain dumping & organizing: Trello (also free!)
- For keeping all of your business-related info organized: my very own Business Brain Planner + Tracker
- For keeping track of notes and ideas: EverNote (free too, yay!)
- For automated social media posting: RecurPost (free and great for Facebook group weekly prompts!)
- For scheduled social media posting: Hootsuite (also free to schedule 30 posts at a time)
- For even more scheduled social media posts: Buffer (free to schedule 10 posts at a time)
- For starting your own Facebook group: the Facebook Group Host Roadmap from Caitlin Bacher
- For growing your Facebook page: the Strategies Worth Sharing ebook
- For growing your blog on Instagram: this great post from Megan Martin
- For automated pinning: BoardBooster
- For scheduled pinning: Tailwind (another great option!)
- For an EPIC and EFFECTIVE Pinterest strategy: Pinteresting Strategies eBook
- For my own Pinterest group board strategy: this blog post
- For finding the best group boards for your niche: this free post + guide
- For rocking your target audience to grow your biz: this post covers it all!
- For the basics of creating a STRONG brand for your business: this post right here, my dear
- For even more on creating a strong brand: this free branding course, from the amazing Wonderlass
- For using your brand to get traffic: this post from yours truly
- For tons of epic blog traffic tips and ideas: Boosting Your Blog Traffic eBook
- For some basic traffic tips: this free guide from Lena Gott!
- For a complete blog traffic overhaul: Lena’s Traffic Transformation course
- For a simple approach to blog post SEO: this post + free checklist
- For writing epic blog posts: my free 10-Step Blog Post Guide
- For writing killer blog post titles: another free post from moi
- For selling your own digital products: SendOwl
- For creating an editorial calendar: this post from Megan Martin Creative
- For all manner of creative goods and hours of heart-eyed shopping: Creative Market
- For GORGEOUS feminine stock photos: Styled Stock Society
- For creating blog post graphics that convert: an in-depth run-down from Melyssa Griffin
- For designing lovely graphics & pins: Canva (it’s free!)
- For free support & encouragement: my Facebook group for lady bloggers
That’s a lot of stuff! But I know there’s no way my business would be what it is today without that massive list of tools and resources.
Needing something I didn’t mention? Leave a comment and let me know if you’d like a recommendation! I love telling others about game-changing resources!